- HealthShack™ is an online personal health record that stores medical and personal information for members.
- HealthShack™ does not collect, rent or sell personally identifiable information.
- There are federal laws that protect a patient’s right to privacy. HealthShack™ meets those requirements.
- The information stored on each HealthShack™ account belongs to the member. Only with the permission of the member, or their legal representative, may information including passwords, be shared with other parties.
- HealthShack™ is an online personal health record designed to help members keep track of their health information by providing a secure place to store and access medical and personal information on the Internet.
- HealthShack ™ is a product of AltruIT 2.0, Inc. Management and hosting of the HealthShack™ web site is provided by AltruIT 2.0, Inc.
Information Collection and Use
HealthShack ™ does not collect, rent or sell any personally identifiable information. This includes, but is not limited to, mailing addresses, telephone or fax numbers and email addresses. Relevant contact information is stored by HealthShack™ in a safe and secure manner at remote servers that are protected 24/7.
HealthShack ™ partners follow the principles and guidelines of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The privacy provisions of the federal law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 apply to health information created or maintained by healthcare providers who engage in certain electronic transactions, health plans and health care clearinghouses. The Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) has issued the regulation, “Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information” applicable to entities covered by HIPAA. The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is the Department component responsible for implementing and enforcing the privacy regulation.
HealthShack™ strives to maintain and exceed the federal guidelines regarding the privacy and security of Personally Identifiable Information. The information stored on HealthShack™ belongs to the member. Only by permission of the member, or their legal representative, may information, including passwords, be shared with other parties.
This website contains links to other sites. HealthShack™ is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our members to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to the information collected by this website.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may share aggregate demographic information. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
HealthShack™ takes every precaution to protect users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, that information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as a social security number) that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry — SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form or your medical record forms, the lock icon on the bottom of Web Browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes “locked,” as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just surfing. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. The servers we use to store personally identifiable information are located in a professionally managed co-location facility with state-of-the-art security measures.
Notification of Changes